Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Big to Do List

Oh holy wow you guys! I have a big list of things that need to be accomplished sooner rather than later. This whole being an adult thing can really throw you for a loop sometimes.

1. Close on our new house!
Ok, admittedly I am very very excited about this part of the list. John and I found the perfect home for our family and we are set to close a week from today! It really only just hit me yesterday how close we are to being in our new home. The only negative, there is some stress to go along with it. We have to wait for the seller to get the house repainted. We're using a VA loan and the VA is very picky about peeling paint due to the possibility of lead paint chips. Legit reasoning being that it was built in 1900. However, it's on the seller to get it done and we have absolutely no control over how quickly it gets done. Before closing we need the VA to come out and reinspect, but it has to be after the painting is done. Fingers crossed that everything works out well.
(The Future Roeske House!)
2.Get a job!
Let's get one thing clear, I was not meant to be a stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong, parenting your child is an extremely rewarding experience. The first two years of staying home with Evie have been amazing. In the midst of diaper changes and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse I obtained my Bachelor's Degree in Health and Wellness. I am really eager to start working in the health field so I can start gaining experience. My ultimate goal is to go back to school for my Master's in Nutrition and become a Registered Dietician. 

3.Plan that Vow Renewal
I'm actually not that stressed about this one, which is odd. John and I decided when we originally got married that we would renew our vows on our 5 year anniversary. That's only 10 months away!! The nice thing is that we agree on pretty much everything. John and I were discussing it this weekend and decided that we would not have bridesmaids/groomsmen. I feel like this celebration needs to be about us and I feel like I have so many friends that are special to me that I don't want to choose who is more important at this point. I want all of our friends to have an enjoyable and relaxing experience at this celebration. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that when the venue contacts me today that they will have a date available for us next September. 
(The Mansion Inn, what I hope will be our venue!)
John and I made the decision to have the renewal in New York because that is where we met and where I grew up. The Mansion Inn is just so perfectly romantic and I have a slight obsession with Victorian buildings. This one also happens to be haunted, which if you know me you understand that this makes me even more excited about the venue.

4. Enjoy New England!
Regardless of how many important things I need to get done, I'm going to enjoy my new home. I want to be able to get out and have experiences to share with you guys! I can't wait to break out the camera and share this beautiful place. 


1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how gorgeous the house is! You will have so much fun decorating it and making it your home.

    ReplyDelete