Wednesday, June 18, 2014

26 Years of Crazy

Hey Guyssss! So since we last spoke/wrote/read? I am another year older. I had a fabulous birthday filled with well wishes and relaxing fun. John and Evie woke me up with awesome gifts.
This is the print he bought me, I fell in love with it in a Gallery in Mystic. 
I was also given the gift of a tattoo which I have yet to get. I'm going to be using a trusted tattoo artist that's tattooed family and friends up in NY.
Chat Noir is going to grace my shoulder. He's always turned up since I met my husband, we're always noticing him showing up in silly places and he makes me smile.
My friend Liz also came up for the weekend so we could have some much needed girl time. I also got to run the Color In Motion 5K up in Hartford this weekend. That was really awesome! Although, I was a little bothered that it wasn't timed. It was really cool to run with my friends from the gym that I go to here.



I had to run home and really scrub because that color really stuck. I still have blue armpits. It looks like I put a smurf in a head lock. I had my final interview at Sephora that afternoon as well, thankfully I wore long sleeves so they couldn't see my blue. 
This week I'm up to 6 miles of running fun. My first 6 miler was a bit painful due to the really hot weather and poor route judgement. Another happy thing is that I started doing Drill Fit classes with the new trainer Shawna. She is really awesome about pushing us outside of our comfort zones while making sure that we stay safe. Last night's class was all about squats so my booty is totally sore. Tonight is my interval training. I'm essentially doing 6 days a week of workouts, and it feels pretty awesome.
What are your summer plans?
-Lindsey



5 comments:

  1. John and I have been running at the RPI track after dinner some nights. I can only jog 2 laps straight (with difficulty), so your 6 miles is super impressive to me! I want to be able to jog a full mile and then time it like in middle school gym class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, just take your time and control your breathing. Realize that my 6 miles are taken at a slower pace of 10-12 minutes. I also *gasp* take breaks to walk lol. I think that judging people on the speed of their 1 mile is just bogus.

      Delete
  2. Jeez you are going to be in all kinds of good shape soon! Fingers crossed for Sephora! oh and happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my love! I'm hoping so, the only issue is that John keeps cooking. I was telling him that if he sucked at cooking I would surely be a muscular size 6 by now. hahah

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous birthday! I hope this year is very good to you :)

    My summer fitness plans are training for the half - speaking of, I really need to look up training plans and officially map something out - and hopefully lots of biking as well!

    ReplyDelete