Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Why Do I Run??

Heather over at Run Like a G! posed a big question on her latest blog post: Why do you run? I figured that I would make my own blog post because the answer just isn't simple. So here goes...

I run because it makes me feel good. There is nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment when you hit your longest milage or you PR (hit a personal record). After every run I feel like a female warrior. I look at pictures of skinny girls in clothing catalogs and think, "I bet I could outrun her."
Victory!!

I run because, hello scenery! Since moving to New England last year I've really enjoyed checking out new places through my runs and races. I've discovered some really cool parts of my home town that I never would have known about had I not run past it. 
My view of the Thames River.

I run because it's a great way to hang out with friends. I've had so much fun on my runs with my friends from here in CT and my friends in NY. It's such an easy way to be able to chat and enjoy an outing at the same time. Running races with my friends from the gym has also been super enjoyable, they are such a great support system!

Lastly, and most importantly: I run to set a good example for my daughter and any children we may have in the future. I want my daughter to understand that exercise is a normal and most times fun activity. That being healthy makes for a happy individual. Some of the most unhappy and unenthusiastic people I know do not workout or treat their bodies well. I'll be at every finish line cheering my daughter on if she chooses to run. I will cheer her on for any type of physical activity she chooses to pursue.
Me and baby girl tearing up the park.

How can you not feel an immense amount of pride and self confidence? I also get to be a proud wife because my husband just finished his THIRD half marathon for 2014. How amazing is that?

Why do you run?

-Lindsey




3 comments:

  1. Tell John Congratulations! I didnt realize he's done so many already. I feel so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it is different for every runner! We all have so many reasons why we chose to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a blast on our runs! It's a great way to chat and be active at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete