Monday, December 2, 2013

Mommy Goals

I am sitting here not believing that Evie will be 3 in April. How?!?
(Fun fact: Since Evie is so tall many mistake her for being 3 and 1/2 to 4 years old!)
The biggest and most daunting thing is that Evie has yet to be potty trained. Some people may be wondering why Evie isn't using the potty yet. I can easily explain this away with our hectic schedule over the past three months. We packed up and moved from our home in Hawaii, took a 2 and a half week road trip, spent one month house hunting/buying, and any of the rest of the time has been spent moving in and unpacking. *phew!* So, I'm willing to bet you don't blame me at this point.
Based on Evie's reaction every time I ask her if she wants to use the potty: "Noo, no, no, no!!" I'm guessing the potty looks something like this to her.
(10 bonus points for whoever can tell me which move this is from!!)
I'm hoping to get her to use the potty without bribery. Honestly, Evie is so spoiled these days that I doubt stickers or candy are much incentive to use the evil potty. 

Do you know any good methods for potty training? What worked for your children?

3 comments:

  1. My folks didn't bribe us or reward us. They just left the bathroom door ajar when they used the bathroom. My brother wanted to be like Dad and I wanted to be like Mom, so we followed their leads, doing things that big girls and boys do. ;) When she's ready, she'll probably want to be just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read my blog post on potty training? Yeah, we are putting it off too! :)
    http://kimbersnavyfamily.blogspot.com/2013/12/potty-training-25-year-old-twin-boys.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out, and thank you! That definitely helped me to feel more at ease about holding off. I know so many people who are forcing their kids and they always seemed stressed!

      Delete