Monday, June 9, 2014

Half Training Update :)

Helloooo! I've been away for a bit due to the craziness that has been my life lately. I've been getting the house cleaned up and we've been doing yardwork. I had job interviews this week at Sephora (only my favorite store in the world). Also just normal day to day busy stuff.
I am now on week 4 of training, aka my 5 mile week. I cannot lie, I was a bit intimidated this Saturday leading up to the first run. I almost psyched myself out, just the distance seemed far, but I powered through. Today I did my second 5 miler and it felt great! I got to mile 4 and found myself thinking "That's it?". Of course, this was after I hit a crazy hill at mile 3, by crazy I mean feeling like you're walking up a 90 degree angle.
I have found my peace with running, and it feels great. It's like an hour long meditation with me, my music, and the road. Speaking of music, do you have any good recommendations for running songs? I cannot run without my music, I tried and I overthink everything.
Here are the things I currently love about running:
-Being outdoors
-Getting my Vitamin D
-Jamming out to my favorite songs
-The runner's high I get after I'm done
-icing my shins post run
-My super awesome workout wardrobe


What do you love most about running/your current workout routine?

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking that I needed to change my music since I'm still rocking the spring playlist I posted a couple months ago. I think you would need to be very careful working at Sephora, since you are very likely to buy the whole store. Hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete