Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Go,Go,Go!!!

Things have seriously picked up for me since the last half of March began. I've been working on stuff for the paint party business that I work for. The parties that I have booked are going to be SO much fun. The first one for this month will be at a speakeasy themed wine bar. I'm excited to work and to check out the wine bar (love me some wine). The next party after that is up in NY for my friend Amanda and her family. I'm not necessarily doing this one to make money as much as I get to see my friend and hang out at a really beautiful (haunted) Victorian Inn.
This past Saturday I had the pleasure of working my very first vendor/craft fair. It was a great event that allowed me to network with a number of people and I was asked to book tables at two other fairs. I'm very excited for the one I'm doing in May since it is a Military Appreciation themed fair! Talk about near and dear to my heart. I met a bunch of other really awesome people selling their goods, and it was just plain fun to chat and make friends.
I was honestly worried that this wouldn't be the right job for me, there is no guarantee on how much work you will get or money you will make. Now that things are finally picking up I see that this is a perfect job for me, because of the schedule I can keep and the great people I am meeting.
Other than my work stuff I'm looking to start working on more of my own artwork to sell too. Spring is looking pretty awesome right now :)
-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment